Sunday, May 10, 2009

Guests, the arrival of

So, with friends in town for the last week, I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't done nearly as much reading--or blogging--as I'd meant to.  Or through reading of the links I've posted below. That's on my to-do list, too.





Still, it's been beautiful here in Brooklyn and I really can't feel too guilty for getting out and enjoying the weather.

I have read the first two Dresden File books; Storm Front and Fools Moon.  Cute, light, easy.  I watched the series first, so I still picture Bob as a person, not just a skull with glowing orange eyes.

I also read The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, by Eva Rice, which I first saw on Danielle's blog. Such a good story, with an interesting plot and great characters.  I wish I knew a Charlotte.  

I've started reading Mean Martin Manning; is it wrong that I always picture hermit men as Sean Connery these days?  Finding Forester had a lasting impression.

Oh.  The other thing that has been occupying my time these days.  Star Trek.

I have NO WORDS for how much I loved that movie.  Canon aside, it was awesome.  I need to see it again.  And then maybe one more time for good luck.

No comments: