Friday, March 06, 2009

New Reading Ideas

A few days ago I realized that I had nothing on reserve at the public library (how did I let that happen?), which I quickly rectified, but now I'm wishing I hadn't been quite so hasty.

Marg over at Reading Adventures recently posted her review of Briar Rose, a modern retelling of the Sleeping Beauty myth set against the Holocaust.  

Leila at bookshelves of doom wrote about The Running Man, which she picked up after reading The Hunger Games (LOVED) because she was on a dystopia kick.  I just finished Junk and while I wouldn't mind rereading The Hunger Games, maybe I'll pick up The Running Man instead.  It kind of sounds like Blade Runner, with the whole killing/chasing/finish line theme.

Of course, I could always continue reading Bleak House.  I've only got all of it to finish.


2 comments:

Marg said...

Nothing on reserve at the library! Gasp! I can't remember the last time that happened for me, maybe the day before I discovered online reserves?

I hope you do get to read Briar Rose and that you enjoy it.

Heather said...

I know! I was shocked when I realized that had happened and immediately filled up my reserve list.