Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Summertime fun

Well, I think I'm officially excited for summer. I mean, despite the rain and clouds and grey we've been experiencing here in Seattle, I'm really feeling the summer vibe. Not only is Copper River suddenly appearing in all the stores (note to self: go, buy!), flip flops are on everyone's feet (despite the rain and clouds and grey), my tomato plants are looking good (not to mention my potatoes), but it's almost time for the summer reading challenge to "officially" begin.

Amanda is still taking sign-ups for this, and she's got a whole list of recommendations if you're stuck on what you'd like to read. I've got to say, I've been checking out the sign up list and it's grown quite a bit in the past few days. (Looks like I'm not the only one excited, 'eh?)

I'm also looking to see what other people have chosen to read, such as Work in Progress, Pages Turned, The Book Junkie, Sassy Money (her list looks quite challenging!), and Oil on Ice (she's got a theme going). I can't wait to find out what everyone thinks about the books they've chosen to read.

(I know I owe a review of the Temeraire series; I've read books 1 and 2, while 3 comes out next week...but that's going to have to wait. I'm also desperately behind on updating my goals, etc.)

No comments: